Recently acquired by the National Park Service, this magnificent property is part of the Johnstown Flood National Memorial. The Clubhouse was a weekend resort for the members of the South Fork Fishing and Hunting Club. Members included Pittsburgh businessmen Andrew Carnegie and Henry Clay Frick. Clubhouse members neglected the earthen dam on site and when heavy rains arrived on May 31, 1889, the dam broke killing 2,209 people.
General Information: Dates Closed: Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Hours: 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Call 814-495-4643 for hours. Seasonal ranger and volunteers keep the clubhouse open for visitation (Summer only)., Open Year-round