Built in 1766 by John Harris, Jr., pioneer trader and founder of Harrisburg, this National Historic Landmark was enlarged and re-cast in the then-popular Victorian style during the 1860s by Simon Cameron, Lincoln's first Secretary of War. Cameron occupied the home until his death in 1889, and the home remained in the Cameron family until 1941. Period rooms and exhibits highlight regional and national history through fine furniture, portraiture, china, and textiles. A grand Victorian parlor features 14-foot pier mirrors from France, marble fireplaces, stained glass windows, and more. Visit both Colonial- and Victorian-era bedrooms, a dazzling Art Deco tiled bath, and rooms where Harrisburg and Dauphin County were formed. Tours Tu-Fri at 1, 2 and 3 p.m. Second Sundays at 1:00 p.m. Admission: $8 Adults, $7 Seniors, $6 Students. Groups tours by appointment. A research library and archives are available to the public. Free parking. Contact: 717-233-3462 or firstname.lastname@example.org.