Start the New Year off right by putting your winter in motion at one of these destinations in PA! From galactic snow tubing that will make you feel like you’re in space to dog sledding with Alaskan huskies, you’ll find your happiness in the snow!
- Don’t let the chill keep you indoors! Embrace the spirit of winter at one of Pennsylvania’s 20 ski resorts.
- Explore stunning winter landscapes as you cross-country ski the back-country routes and Indian Ladder Falls, Goose Pond and other trails at Skytop Lodge in Skytop.
- PPG Place in Pittsburgh is transformed into a winter wonderland complete with the MassMutual Pittsburgh Ice Rink as it lights up for the season! Go ice skating around the tree all aglow.
- Go Galactic Snow Tubing, at Camelback Mountain Resort in Tannersville. Already known as the biggest snow tubing park in the United States, Camelback’s Galactic Snow Tubing features an LED light show as you speed down to race your friends!
- Bundle up and indulge your hidden Iditarod with a trip to Nemacolin Woodlands Resort in Farmington as a professional musher and team of Alaskan huskies whisk you over the snowy landscape of the scenic Laurel Highlands at speeds of up to 20 miles per hour for an adrenaline rush like none other!
- When it comes to snowmobiling, the Allegheny National Forest is where it’s at. With 365 miles of trails, you’re sure to have a fun snow day!
- The Pocono Manor Resort & Spa in Pocono Manor offers an ideal winter getaway! Your winter vacation here will be a fun-filled snowy adventure, complete with a horseback sleigh ride that will make you feel like you’re in your own personal winter wonderland.
- The 968-acre Parker Dam State Park in Clearfield County offers old-fashioned charm and character, including a scenic lake where an outdoor ice skating rink is maintained, a sledding and toboggan run, and a gateway to the snowmobile trails in the surrounding Moshannon State Forest.
- Ever wanted to know what it’s like to groom a slope at a ski resort? Then jump on a snowcat ride at Seven Springs Mountain Resort! This night ride will give remarkable views of the mountain’s slopes as the snowcat smooths the terrain to make for perfect skiing traditions.
- There’s nothing like walking on a frozen lake, carving a hole and reeling in fish from mysterious depths. Try your hand at ice fishing at one of the 80 destinations in Pennsylvania where you can catch largemouth bass, yellow perch, and other species.
- Lace up your skates and go ice skating at the Rothman Institute Ice Rink at Dilworth Park. You’ll take in skyline views of Philadelphia as you skate around with your friends and family. Go to the Rothman Cabin after you skate to warm up in a heated tent with some seasonal cocktails and hot chocolate.
For more winter season ideas in Pennsylvania, check out the visitPA website. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram to stay up-to-date on even more great ideas and places to visit around our state.