The beginning of the Camp Curtin Church can be traced May 12, 1889. Within a year, the Curtin Heights Methodist Episcopal Church was built. The original structure was lost to a fire December 30, 1894. A new church was constructed by 1896. Church membership continued to grow through the years, and by 1914 a larger building was needed. They built again. Since the new church was located on the site of Camp Curtin, it was designated a memorial to all Civil War soldiers and the name was changed to Camp Curtin Memorial Methodist Episcopal Church. A large allegorical painting depicting Christ appearing to a dying soldier, still wearing the insignia of the 3rd Division, 5th Corps, still adorns the sanctuary wall. This beautiful painting was donated by the Sixteeners Association of the Soldiers Orphans School of Pennsylvania. The Church also contains the 130th Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry's Memorial Plaque and a small Civil War Museum, established by the veterans. The Camp Curtin Historical Society has gathered items to replace the relics lost over the years.