Bernville

Bernville, PA
Region: Dutch Country Roads

The earliest known inhabitants of the Bernville area were the Delaware Indians who named the area “Tulpehocken,” meaning “Land of the Turtles.” In the early 1720s, thirty-three families of Palatinate settlers in New York moved to the Tulpehocken Valley. They settled on land that was part of the original grant to William Penn made by Charles II of England in 1681. Now, Bernville has an amazing Community Days celebration culminating in an amazing fireworks show.

More adventures in Dutch Country Roads

Related Articles