Evans City, PA
Region: Pittsburgh & Its Countryside
Evans City is the name given in 1882 at the city’s incorporation of a borough of an old settlement. It is situated on Breakneck Creek, the site of a long time a favorite camping ground for Native Americans, who named the creek Big Beaver run. Later, the French knew it as Casse-cou-anse or Breakneck creek, a name adopted by travelers between Fort Duquesne and Fort Machault, and by the English speaking pioneers of the original township of Connoquenessing, Pennsylvania. It’s the home of the Evans City Cemetery, where The Night of the Living Dead was filmed, and The Living Dead Museum & Gift Shop.